Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

ad libitum

In the months of recent past, i've been experiencing somthing of a lucky streak. It started off with the odd CD here, another odd CD here, and another odd CD here in fact they are all rather odd. Then came the Manchester United wash bag full of, well you probably guessed, Manchester United grooming products. Then there was that tenner on the lottery - and as most of you know I don't normally play the lottery either. So this is all rather nice.

In jest I said to a friend of mine on a recent visit to Cornwall,
'you know what I'm owed another, that's only 5 so far, these things come in 3's, i'm due something else'
and thought nothing more of it. Then a week ago, while at work, I get a call telling me that I had one a competition i'd entered in a magazine before Christmas. Naturally I was gobsmacked when they told me it was a cocktail party for me and 10 friends. Where am I gonna find those kind of numbers? Well everyone's your friend at £100 a head. Surely you can't drink that much in a night?

5 Comments:

At 11:24 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me way too Nang!!

 
At 12:32 pm , Blogger smahman said...

100 bar is NOTHING. I'll see YOU in the GUTTER.

 
At 2:53 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could drink a lot of coke for £100 :0)

 
At 10:16 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that sounds just a perfect way to celebrate you winning something & your old Gamer tv mate back in Blighty from Cambodia.. yes Fanny Batter it's Trixie here & I am back in London for a few more weeks so send me an e-mail & hopefully I'll get to see your toned upness before I nick off!
£100 of greedy drinking here we come!
xxxx

 
At 1:55 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is all this luck coming from? I think the big fruit machine in the sky must be stuck on cherries for you!!

Speaking of which, must dash, things to polish...

xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home