Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Day 5: It's kicking off

I refer, of course to the football. As from today we have fresh football footage to work with and there is a certain buzz about the production office. Even I'm in good spirits, no hangover to contend with and I even managed a 30 minute run this morning. Crazy. So I thought I would post a few more pictures from the work environment, well it's content and actually I think the infrastructure that is put in place for an event like this is quite impressive, remember it's all temporary and in a month will be taken down in no time at all.

MCR - Master Control Room

This is where all the feeds from the event are monitored and er controlled.

Promos Suite - This is where the exciting fast cut football promos are edited, well it would be if the first 8 cut before we arrived hadn't been so right-royally, er, fouled. Tony, pictured, struggles through another day!


So if I see anything else worthy of a picture I'll post it.

So what upset me today? Well the bloody foreign laptops they've got, which rather frustratingly have the 'y' and the 'z' key in opposite places, I know you're probably thinking, so what (I might even be thinking that now) but then aload of other keys are also in different places or require the use of FN + Alt to access them, aaargh. Maybe they've done it to stop me prefixing words with 'z' thus making them hi-larious and sound German, or rather, zounding German.

So given the second match was Portugal (who won) it seemed only appropriate and fitting to post a picture of Ronaldo with his top off (again). The score was eventually 1-0, but I couldn't help but be amused by the commentator when he said 'Portugal strike wood again' after several efforts on goal.


So I'm off tomorrow and will probably head down to the Fanzone in Vienna, it's Austria's first match and hopefully they can generate some atmosphere, like the 200 000 Croatians that are expected in town. Here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home