Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Brolly Good Show!!

Gay readers you'll be relieved to see a far more fitting read in this post - I mean football, honestly.

Yes, yes, I know two days ago I wrote about how much umbrellas disgust me. However last night I was lucky enough to witness one brolly I would enjoy, in the amazing West End show Mary Poppins.

Both my friend and I were speechless at the end of the first half trying to describe how much we had enjoyed it. All I can say is it had everything you could possibly want from a musical, oh my god "practically perfect in every single way".

The set was just amazing and I was so impressed with how the actors faultlessly performed so many songs and routines relentlessly in a very demanding show. Many disciplines seemed to be given a nod including tap and ballet.

The most impressive moment though had to be when they 'flew' Mary Poppins from the stage, through the proscenium arch and up into the rafters of the theatre. I thought it was amazing, the kids must have loved it.

Having had a little look at the management behind the show I can't say I was surprised to see Matthew Bournes name in there. I guess that may be where the ballet influence came from (I saw his Nutcracker at Sadlers Wells a few years ago).

Maybe I was slightly 'sweetened' by the free tickets for this show, but what Mary Poppins did was remind me of why I used to enjoy musicals so much. Aren't they so bloody clever.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

not fair - I want some big Mary too. Oh well, seeing Wicked next week.
Mr White x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home