Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Flight of Fancy

I've just got back from a rather enjoyable long-weekend in New York. It was bloody amazing, a mentally fast city. This tale however is about my return flight with BA yesterday morning. A colleague at work told me the flight was called the 'red-eye' because you leave New York in the evening and get back to the UK in the morning.

I know it's a cliche about camp air stewards but this one was hilarious. It started with us being offered drinks, fine usual procedure, I took a beer. I hadn't particularly noticed any special treatment at this point or attention from the guy in question, yet before I was halfway through my beer he promptly came up to me and gave me another beer and my mum 2 bottles of wine.

Later w
e were bought round our meals - as usual. This guy brings out the hot beverages, it's important to note this guy was black (it's important to the story!) he says 'would you like tea or coffee sir?' to which I respond 'coffee please', he continues to say 'would you like that white' then he touches my hand and says 'or do you take it black!', at which point I just pissed myself out loud, it was hilarious.

I found this all the more funny because before I had boarded the flight I was having a drink in the bar with my mum and I was looking at their cocktail menu (of 2) and they offered one called the 'Mile High Mary'. If only I knew then I was to experience one in the flesh a few short hours later. It didn't end there, oh no, I was treated like a first class passenger (probably more so when I was asleep!) and as I went to leave the plane at the end of my flight, he came across especially to wish me goodbye. Bless!

5 Comments:

At 12:06 pm , Blogger Matt said...

did he offer you any nuts to nibble?

 
At 12:19 pm , Blogger searleyeditor said...

No but he did offer me some cheese tasters.

 
At 12:19 pm , Blogger searleyeditor said...

No but he did offer me some cheese tasters.

 
At 12:21 pm , Blogger searleyeditor said...

The best part was after he asked me if my mother took it the same way!

 
At 5:50 pm , Blogger Matthewprestwich said...

I think that having your mother with you probabaly meant he didn't even need to switch his gaydar on! By the way, Darrens appeared on Wickipedia! Take a look at the blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home