Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 12 & 13: Yes it's all coming back to me now

Due to the events of last night, the day has largely been written off. I don't get up till 2, it's a pretty shameful show on my part given that I could have been taking advantage of free train travel and escaping the city, instead I have to settle for a crusty old BLT, large Red Bull and a hangover (yet again).

As much as I really want to see him, the prospect of meeting my crazy German friend tonight gives me the fear, I just know as much as I beg, plead and make my excuses he'll want a big one, I however do not.

It is a big one, I'm not impressed (and neither should you be) my hopes of being away from the pack for the night are not realised, walking down the street I bump into one of my work colleagues, they're all heading to a club and we should definitely follow, apparently. We do and it is shite, seriously it is one of the worst clubs I've ever been to, not cosmetically, I mean visually it was quite nice, stylish even, but brim-full of wankers. It's a hip-hop club and all the punters are very much on show, it irritates the crap out of me, especially when the bouncer informs me 'I will have to pay again' if I go outside to help give my friend directions. What astounds me more though is that although my friends from work are hating it as much as I am, no one is making the effort to leave, one guy puts it beautifully when he says 'I would rather eat my face off than stay here' it really is that bad. Perpetuating my anger at the place is one clubber who, despite the low lighting, is wearing shades, fuck-the-fuck-off!

The partying continues well into the night and well past my personal fail-safe time (the time in which I think I can get back and still get enough sleep for my 9 o clock start at work) it does not bode well for the morning. Having danced rather a lot and been on my feet for quite some time, I draw the line at being dragged to our 4th venue of the night, my foot is hurting so much I am actually limping. As soon as I am released from Brenna's grip (she really was dragging me) I make a limp for the cab rank. There are none and a long queue, I decide to try flagging a cab on the other side of the river, I'm in luck, some other people try and get in before me but thankfully the cabbie had stopped for me. I think I try a conversation with him in German, it doesn't go well. Fortunately for him it's only a short distance to the hotel. I remember very little after that point, only that my phone was telling me my alarm was due to go off in 3 hours and 44 minutes


Day 13: 3 hours and 44 minutes later

I awake to the sound of my laptop blaring out random music and my phone alarm. Needless to say I'm not well rested. I drench myself in a futile cold shower and actually realise I could have had another 20 minutes in bed, I also discover evidence that I didn't go straight to sleep, my suspicions are raised upon discovery of an empty packet of Haribo Fizzy Cola Bottles.

Remarkably I do make it down to breakfast AND manage to eat something. I make it into work and am grateful not to be given anything to do for the first hour. This is possibly going to go down as one of THE worse days at work I've ever had. I forge on and upon arrival of Brenna and Paul on the late shift the mood begins to lighten as does my feeling of nausea, perhaps we're all still drunk, our behaviour might suggest so.

We start a game of playing shit music through the intercom (it's supposed to be for essential communication) with YouTube at the ready it's a race to see who can find the worse songs. Betty Boo, Charlene, Backstreet Boys and countless others all make the grade, then the conversation turns very smutty, well mostly anal actually, talking about gay sex and shoving Mars bars down peoples pants when they pass out drunk. I'm also quizzed on whether there is any truth in the reports I was seen 'pashing' a bloke last night, if I was I'd like to know about it too.

Thankfully work is not too vexing, but constant enough to take my mind of the poor state of play today. I enjoy hearing Knighty (another guy in the office) begging Smithy to lend him his laptop again so he can 'speak' to his girlfriend, this from the guy who has already confessed to having a WW (work wank) and when he borrowed it previously had an 'active' call with his girlfriend, all of which has happened in Smithys room and not his own!

I'm grateful when 9pm finally rolls around and I can go back to the hotel. I finish up writing this entry (it's been dribs and drabs throughout the day) I can't believe quite how much has happened in the last 48 hours. Tomorrow I shall post some of the pictures I've received from other people and I'm going to see the Austria v Germany match at the stadium. Should be good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home