Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Days 8, 9 & 10: Hit & Miss

Apologies for the lateness of this post, I was hoping to put some additional material on the blog, but it hasn't materialised.

The truth is there's not an awful lot to write up when you're coming to the end of 3 days on 12 hour shifts, I mean I woke up each morning, check; I had breakfast every morning, er half-check; I even got to bed early, er check if you mean early in the morning Searle. Yes I'm afraid despite the late finishes there's still been chance to sup a few ales before bed, the great thing about this shift system is there's always someone who's off. I'm even more in respect of some of the team out here who are out every night but back in for work in the morning.

I thought I'd post a sample of one of the few creative things i've had chance to cut out here, but this was the item I couldn't convert so you'll have to wait a few more days sadly.

Also I thought I'd post a picture of the tin-shed hotel we're living in at the moment.
Now back to the Austrians, I think my flatmate summed them up beautifully on the phone earlier this week when she said, 'they're not only rude they want to let you know how rude they're being', perfect, so no things haven't really improved on that front.

Here for your enjoyment was my drunken attempt at introducing some of the crew out here:
And here is the lovely Brenna and I, who have been unfortunate enough to be placed on opposite shifts so rarely get to hang out together which is a shame because she is brilliant.
Oh and one final other thing which I think is hilarious, I am doing really well in the office tournament predictor, which is basically where we all predict the outcome of the matches and score 5 points for right result, right score eg: Germany 2 - 0 Austria (no they haven't played yet I know) but as you'll see from the link I am doing very well:

http://web.mac.com/tonyleeharley/media219/euro2008.html

In fact because I joined in after 2 of the matches I missed out on some points, I'd be 1 point behind the leader if I'd joined at the start! The best part though is Paul 'Reddo' Redman at the bottom is one of TWI's senior football producers, now that's what I call a result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home