Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 17: A Game of Two Halves

After events of recent and given I'm in work all day, I suspect there is going to be little to inspire me to blog today, how wrong I am. Having not gone out last night, I am awoken sometime around 5am by those who did, there's a lot of shouting and singing, I haven't seen them but I know who it is. I get up and put the deadlock down on my door, I've no idea what they're up to, but I'd rather not be a part of it.


Later on at work I discover one of the guys in the office had fallen victim to one of their drunken pranks, Smithy (the supposed nice guy from my former post) has Knighty's room key and has invited everyone up from the lobby bar to picture him on his bed, in the raw. Apparently there is something like 12 people in his room, all with their cameras out, you can imagine his annoyance, maybe this is Smithy's idea of revenge for what Knighty did with his laptop.

I'm not surprised that no one but me has made breakfast this morning, in fact the breakfast room is much quieter than usual. I have to get to the laundry this morning to settle up my account, when I arrive they tot up my bill, it's 40 euros for two washes, I'm disgusted yet unable to express this in German, that's nearly 35 quid what a bunch of bastards, I try and express this through the medium of dance (well hands flapping), "bitte" and a smile is the response, yeah I bet your smiling, 40 euros and a free touch of my pants.


I call in at the Spar shop on the way to work, it's been bit of a custom for people to buy shared food for the office that we can all pick at. I gather together the usual items, crisps, biscuits, confectionery then I spot these delightful things:


I'm not exactly sure what they are, kittens shits? Naturally I feel these are a must for the food table and purchase them. Later at work when they're opened I discover they look about as appetising as they sound, surprisingly they are quite tasty and when I pop back in later they've all gone, just a little kitty litter left on the table.

I speak to Matt in the evening, and tell him pretty much everything I've posted today, he seems impressed I've used a literary reference in my previous blog, it suddenly dawns on me I've been far too clever trying to make literary references, I'm not well read, and my bluff has been called, well kind of. I explain that I didn't really know much about the work of Dickens, but did find out from my 'research' (Wikipedia) that Dickens published his work in monthly installments, hey I'm posting daily, eat shit Dicken's (if that is your name).

Finally (I've lost my notes for this entry - yes I'm making notes what of it) for this post I thought I'd upload another of the promo's I've done out here, unfortunately they are the only really creative things we get to cut. I've managed to make the file size smaller so it should play a bit better than the last one. I'm sure there is more to add to this post so do come back and check it, I know you will.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home