Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Friday, March 30, 2007

Well It's Goodnight From Me...

It all seems a little bit final, it's not really, but as Margaret Thatcher once said 'endings are just beginnings', well at least I think she said that - well I once heard a male Margaret Thatcher impersonator say it, that's close enough for me.

Today I make myself unemployed, and to quote another:

'Are you mad? you mean make myself unemployed, have you any idea what they do to unemployed people? They make them do community service, fitting loft insulation into urine stenched old peoples homes' [Absolutely Fabulous 'Poor']

Yes I am now in the brave old world of freelancing, I will be very sad to leave my friends from work behind me, but frankly give it a day or two and I probably won't even be able to recall their names. Smahman who?

Seriously though, respect to all the people I've worked with, the blog continues, the job ends here. Oh all right one final quote from The Office:

'that's it then, the old team on the scrapheap'

I am momentarily sad and a bit damp.

5 Comments:

At 1:10 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the freelancing.

It's a brave thing to do. I went self-employed for a year and I was useless at promoting myself.

 
At 3:24 pm , Blogger searleyeditor said...

Thank you giantweazle, i'll try my damdest and long may the blogging continue!!

 
At 8:27 pm , Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

Bra-VO! wish i could freelance, but with my limited skills they would call it "prostitution"

 
At 10:40 am , Blogger smahman said...

It's lonely here today. And there is a shouty South African in the edit suite.
boo


hoo.

 
At 7:11 am , Blogger theboypayne said...

Good on you pal.

I, sadly, will probably continue to suckle at the corporate teet for many a day yet.

Maybe one day I'll become a hobo, like that lovely little dog on TV:

"Every stop I take,
I make a new friend.
Can stay for long,
Just turn around -
I'm gone again!"

Aaaaaaaaah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home