Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

No Lead On Lost Dog

I've been trying to use that headline for ages, yet since I still haven't a good cause to. I'm just going to anyway.

Well following last weeks incredibly stressful week at work, a new week brings a different air about me. My replacement, it's true, I suddenly feel closure happening all around me at work. I'm handing him the ropes (and chains etc) and the feeling of stress is rapidly being replaced by a feeling of fear. Fear that I am about to be self-employed and I have to make it happen, for me. Yes I'm scared.

Mind you I did say to the guy taking over 'you've some mighty big shoes to fill. No seriously you have, I'm size 12 (and only 5ft10 go figure), not that I intend leaving my shoes behind.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the self-employment. I tried it for a year and got into all sorts of bother with accountants and tax men, apparently you're supposed to do all sorts of things like keep records. I wouldn't say never again, because I enjoyed the work. My problem is that I just don't dance with Mr Paperwork.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home