Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Flipping Out

I realise as I'm making this post, this is the third one featuring an animal, it's not intentional I promise, but also it's the third entry regarding a guy I work with (remember the white black coffee man?).

So what's he done this time? Well we're talking about pets this morning, I was commenting on how I hate those scrotey little Scottie dogs. He says 'I thought you like dogs', I replied saying I do, I like most of them, just not Scotties (and a few others), besides I sponsor a lovely dog. [sighing] so the conversation then goes like this:

Him: I've got a sponsored pet
Me: Really, what?
Him: I sponsor a Dolphin... I gave it to my Nephew as a gift.
Me: A gift to your Nephew? Well it's not really your pet then is it?
Him: But I pay for it.
Me: But if you gave it to your Nephew as a gift, surely it's theirs, you don't give someone a gift and then say 'it's mine', it's theirs.
Him: No, but...
Me: Technically you are taking back a gift you gave to an innocent child. Get out of my sight you grotty man.

Okay, okay, I may have paraphrased the last bit a little for comedic effect, but that is pretty much how it went!

2 Comments:

At 10:48 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

White Coffee Man is a bit challenged isn't he? I almost feel guilty about taking the piss, it's like mocking the disabled.

You've got to get a photo of him so we can all see what happens when insanity attacks.

Or, what about arranging an office nutter exchange, my office is full of them.

 
At 12:31 pm , Blogger searleyeditor said...

No, no, let's not exclude the disabled from humour. They can be very, very funny. Trust me, I know smahman.

I wouldn't offend you with an image. No wait let's have a laugh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home