Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Friday, January 19, 2007

The World's Gone Teapotty


You may recall some months ago I made a blog entry about a guy at work who wanted black coffee with milk (god why didn't I write that at the time far more succinct) anyway this guy makes the foulest cup of tea. He offered to make me one a few weeks ago, I let him, it was horrible. I felt duty bound to write him a lengthy email telling him why his tea was foul and how to make a proper cup of tea:

"I don’t wish to sound ungrateful but that cup of tea was FOUL.


I know I shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth but here’s a few pointers!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/03/
uk_how_to_make_perfect_tea/html/5.stm"


Anyway today I foolishly agreed to let him make me a cup of coffee. Black, one sugar. He forgot the sugar, that's not the point of this entry though. The point is he was pouring water into the kettle spout, full flow and it was spilling everywhere:

Me: What are you doing...

Him: I don't want to overfill it, and boil too much, it's a waste of energy and bad for the environment.

Me: What and wasting water isn't? Take the lid of the kettle and fill it normally like everyone else.

On a slightly different note, but still work, until yesterday we'd been without spread for toast for weeks. So I took it upon my self to finally rectify the situation and spread the love (d'ya get it) This is the email I wrote (i'm so proud):

Subject: Spreading the love

Can I just say, out of the very kindness of my own heart and own WALLET, I have purchased a tub of spread for the kitchen. I hope that this very selfless act of generosity ripples through the company and that from here on in spread will be available a little more frequently to our hungry office. Now I don't want to liken myself to Jesus feeding the 5,000, but there are quite a lot of people who use this office now! One small tub ain't going to go a long way or last a long time. I think i'm done.... yes i'm done.

GOOD MORNING!!!!



5 Comments:

At 10:26 am , Blogger smahman said...

You are so judgemental.

 
At 10:26 am , Blogger smahman said...

And bitter.

 
At 10:26 am , Blogger smahman said...

And damaged.

 
At 2:15 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with milk at my work. I think I will use extracts from your email the next time I need to rant. Prob next week.

 
At 2:51 pm , Blogger searleyeditor said...

Brilliantly just now I offered him some clementine. 'Oh yes please' he says 'just half' (like he was going to get more) I offer him half. 'no half' so I say 'what of that?' 'yes' he says 'half of a half is a quarter' I reply, he takes one bite and throws the rest away.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home