Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Public Speakers

Just a quick one today. Almost every bus journey I now take in London is accompanied by an unwanted soundtrack. What I'm referring to is those little shits - yes it's always school kids or chavs - who insist on playing music through their mobile phones.

It's not particularly the music they're playing (you'd be hard pushed to identify the actual tune anyway), it's the complete unappreciation for sound reproduction. I work with sound every day and frankly I'm bit of a stickler for decent replication, not the tinny din they clearly think is 'the shit'.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with similar feelings, experiences. Maybe to form a gang and go and deck them, come on I'm well 'ard these days. Ask smahman to see the bruises!

3 Comments:

At 12:24 am , Blogger Matt said...

"you'd be hard pushed to identify the actual tune anyway"


not like the tunes in our day, eh?
young people's music - it's all just noise!

 
At 8:48 am , Blogger searleyeditor said...

Bad English on my part I'm afraid, I see clearly now how that can be misread. I should have put the second part first. You wouldn't identify the tune because the sound reproduction was so awful, but hey, yours works too!! xxx

 
At 3:25 pm , Blogger theboypayne said...

Hear hear.

Before I got my car, I had the misfortune to be sat on a bus going to Bradford (dear God!) near some little scrotes playing a Happy Hardcore version of Robin S "Show me Love".

It was almost as unpleasent as the time I went to Blackpool and watched small children playing in puke.

Love Richard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home