Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Check Out My Nuns...er Guns

Holy muscle of Mary. As my good friend smahman has just pointed out; getting fit was possibly one of the worst things I ever did to myself. As he said, I was already a show off long before I thought about going to the gym, all working out has done has made me into a vain, narcissistic, prudy old queen (well 31). Seriously though, is there anything wrong with that?

Anyway I know I'm pretty delluded about all this anyway, I mean let's face it, there are countless guys out there who are fitter, leaner and more defined than me. The only six pack I have is in the fridge. Although one thing I would say is I used to be larger than smahman, he was a keen runner, he actually said to me once "in our family it's so easy to keep the weight off, it's our duty not to have a great body" look at him now!

Seperately I was having a conversation with Gino at work, who has always kept himself in decent nick, I was telling him my natural mind state as a human is not one of a fitness freak, it's a mental workout to get me in the gym everytime I go, and I realise as I write this, the driving force that gets me there is my vanity. Shit.

3 Comments:

At 2:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always stay at home and play with star wars figures, it works for me and I don't appear to be getting fat.

I just don't have the time in my hectic schedule to go to the gym.

 
At 4:28 pm , Blogger searleyeditor said...

I was never allowed Star Wars figure because I once chewed the ear off one of my friends figures. A grey chap with a long red cloak and staff, I don't know who he was. But I did make an Attack Walker out of lego that I was very proud of.

 
At 7:52 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least your vanity manifests itself in an amusing way. Mrs GiantWeazle goes to the gym, but I can't be bothered. It's odd because I was well fit as a kid and was a very decent 800m runner, but I can of feel that I did my bit back then. I've retired.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home