Gaylords Say 'No'

...more commonly mean 'Yes'

Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 18: So long, farewell

I was going to call this post the Grand Finale, but I've started before I've finished (the day that currently is) so don't really know how it's going to end, if at all. I've packed my bags already in anticipation of a big night tonight, I'm hoping for a final blow out, (don't worry I have every intention of providing a full account of what happens later this evening), but for now I shall look back, reminisce even.

Well looking immediately back at the last 12 hours at least, I've been at work, it's my final day and there's nothing to report. I meant to mention in yesterdays post some fuckers at work riding those micro-scooters around the complex here, they really irritate me and while I don't wish them to have a misfortune, I would like to see one of them fall off.
I've had mixed feelings about this job, it's been amazing to strengthen friendships and build bonds with people I've known only through work before now and to rekindle those great friends from years back (you know who you are), these are things that are very important to me as an individual.

I've been spoiled as well to have had so many days off and see this part of Europe, despite my love hate relationship with the Austrians I'd be a pretty bitter individual to not have at least enjoyed some of the country!

Work itself has sadly proved to be less than strenuous, in my professional life I always enjoy a challenge and being put in situations where I need to come up with ideas, solutions or whatever on my feet, that's not really been the case here. The unpredictable nature of football has meant the Croatia Turkey game has not only gone to extra time but penalties as well, that's bad news for my night out.

We get back to the hotel at 1 am everyone else is there and still up for a night out. Five cabs are ordered to ferry us all into town, the fact that I have to be up at 8:30am for the airport doesn't bother me, it's time to say goodbye properly. I think there is some skepticism as to how long we'll last, but needless to say we last.

The night is highly enjoyable, everyone's on good form and much drink is consumed, it's not long before it 5am and I'm pole dancing in some seedy club, i'm really going for it, licking it and everything (it's really not sanitary that kind of thing is it). Eventually we head back to the hotel it's nearly 6, to our surprise the bar is still open (oh who am I kidding after this job of course I'm not surprised) so it's a final round of drinks before I collapse into bed. Goodnight Vienna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home